Nobody wants their house sitting on the market for an extended period of time. Once you have decided that it’s time to sell, you want your property sold so you can move on to the next. Plus, a house that has been on the market for a long time can be even harder to sell. It’s every homeowner’s dream to sell their house fast! To make sure your house goes quick, here a few tips to keep in mind.
Make Your Home Sparkling Clean
One of the cheapest and easiest ways to make your home attractive to buyers is to clean and declutter everything. It may be worth investing in a storage unit for the duration of the selling process. You will want to focus on cleaning the following areas of the house:
- Relocate excess furniture throughout the house, attic, or garage. The furniture you have may be functional, but it could make the space look crowded. Fewer pieces of furniture could open up the area to make it seem more inviting.
- Tidy up all closets. Many buyers will be interested in the storage space your property offers. An overpacked closet could deceive the buyer into thinking that their belongings won’t fit into the house. Remove items from closets so it appears as if it includes plenty of space for storage.
- Take down family photos. Sentimental items can make the buyer feel as if the house is someone else’s and not their own. It’s important that the buyer is able to picture themselves living there. That is the key to selling a house. Having family photos or other personal belongings on display can hinder this imagery in a buyer’s mind.
- Deep clean every inch of the house. This may require a significant amount of elbow crease, but it will be worth the effort. If you do not have the knowledge, time, or motivation to do this on your own, consider hiring a professional cleaning company.
Take Care of All Minor Repairs
A leaky faucet, cold draft from a window, or nail holes in the wall can all deter buyers from being interested in your house. Most people don’t have the time for major renovations, especially when you are trying to sell the house fast. However, fixing all of the minor repairs will give the impression that you have been a good homeowner.
Stage the House for Photos and Showings
Staging the house can make a large impact on the buyer’s view of the home. The National Association of REALTORS Research Group conducted a survey in 2019 to ask the opinions of buyers’ agents and sellers’ agents. In this study, 83% of buyers’ agents indicated that staging a home can help a buyer to visualize themselves living there. You may already have the furniture and decorations needed to stage the home, or you may need to hire a professional home stager. Your real estate agent should be able to help you with the staging process.
Focus on Cosmetic Updates and Curb Appeal
Small upgrades can make your property more presentable for showings. Here are some suggestions for improving the interior of the home:
- Replace the hardware on cabinets in the kitchen or bathroom
- Change light fixtures
- Repaint walls
- Update kitchen appliances
Curb appeal is one the most important aspects to drawing a buyer in. If a home is attractive on the outside, the buyer will automatically assume that the house is also appealing on the inside. Below are areas to target when improving the landscaping:
- Cut the grass and trim scrubs
- Power wash the driveway and walkways
- Clean off any spider webs on the porch
- Repaint the front door
- Plant flowers or other decorative plants
Splurge on Quality Pictures
Hire a professional photographer that specializes in real estate photography to make your house stand out. More and more buyers are doing the majority of house hunting online, so quality pictures can make a big difference in whether or not the buyer wants to see the house in person. Your house will look best in photos when it has plenty of light. Before the photographer arrives, open all curtains and blinds and turn on all lights, including lamps.
Pick a Strategy for Listing Your Home
When it comes to selling a house fast, there are a variety of options. You can sell the house using a realtor, sell the property to a professional home buyer, or sell the house by owner (FSBO). If you choose to sell the home using a real estate agent in Massachusetts, you will have to pay commission fees but will likely get the highest price. Selling the house to a professional home buyer will guarantee that it is sold quickly, but it may be sold at a lower cost (depending on the amount of repairs your home requires and the overall market conditions). Deciding to sell the house on your own (FSBO) will save you costs in commission, but it will make it very difficult to sell the property quickly.
Consider a Massachusetts Realtor with Flexible Options
When it comes to selling your house fast, you want to plan for alternative ways to sell the house in case your original strategy does not work out. Pavel Buys Houses is a property solutions company that offers flexibility and options to help you sell your home quickly while also maximizing its value. Our company offers the following options:
List the Home with a Licensed Real Estate Agent
This option will allow you. We have over 14 years of experience in the marketing industry, and we will leverage this experience to help you sell your property fast at the highest possible profit. We will host all the showings and other events to attract potential buyers. If you change your mind at any time during the process, we can also give you a cash offer that allows you to sell your house immediately.
Sell Your House for Cash
The. Our company believes in offering the best possible price the first time, without any low ball offers. This could be a great option for selling your home if you are in a rush or need to sell it in ‘as-is’ condition. As previously mentioned, it can also be a great fallback option for someone choosing to list their property with one of our real estate agents.
Find a Licensed Massachusetts Real Estate Agent Near Me
Selling your house fast with a realtor in Massachusetts will require someone that is experienced and motivated to get the job done. Working with Pavel Buys Houses allows you to list your house with a licensed Massachusetts real estate agent while also having the option to sell the house for cash if you change your mind at any point. If you’re interested in a free home valuation, contact us to get started or simply fill out our form below!